Warehouse Purchasing Manager
Reports ToGeneral Manager
Summary/ObjectiveThe Warehouse Purchasing Manager plans, organizes and monitors the receiving, storage and distribution of all items received either from suppliers or production shops, ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so parts and supplies are located and distributed to proper departments in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal and external customer requirements. The Warehouse Purchasing Manager also negotiates vendor terms, relationships, prices and schedules delivery using knowledge of budget and schedule requirements. The Warehouse Purchasing Manager ensures that all warehouse operations are conducted in a safe, secure, efficient, and cost-effective manner in compliance with company policy, OSHA and other applicable regulations.
1. Maintains a personnel structure and staffing level to accomplish the warehouse mission in an effective and efficient manner. Interviews and recommends applicants for hire as warehouse associates.
2. Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of warehouse associates; ensures their ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move materials to and from storage configurations; counsels, records and disciplines as necessary. Develops crew leaders to effectively oversee the daily routines of their assigned crew members.
3. Maintains an equipment structure and level to accomplish the warehouse mission in a safe, effective manner. Provides appropriate equipment and racking to ensure the safe transport and storage of all materials. Researches material handling equipment to ensure procurement of the most suitable equipment in terms of performance, safety, reliability and cost.
4. Adheres to purchasing policies, processes and procedures.
5. Carries out warehouse and inventory control policies and procedures.
6. Uses knowledge of material work planning and methods engineering processes and procedures to coordinate product deliveries.
7. Negotiates best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements.
8. Uses knowledge of machines and equipment to schedule items necessary to continual production cycles.
9. Maintain the safety of warehouse operations in compliance with the company’s safety standards, OSHA, and any other applicable regulations.
1. High school diploma or equivalent industry experience,
2. Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
3. Preferred: Industrial Engineering or Similar Degree
Williams Plumbing & Heating, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature on the job application constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.