Reports ToWarehouse Purchasing Manager
Summary/ObjectiveThe warehouse assistant receives, stores and distributes material, tools, equipment and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions
1. Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing.
2. Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
3. Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
4. Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code.
5. File requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
6. Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic.
7. Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
8. Open bales, crates and other containers.
9. Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
10. Assist in counting of physical inventory.
11. Weigh and count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
12. May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
13. Complete requisition forms to order supplies from other departments.
14. Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
1. High school diploma or equivalent industry experience,
2. Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
Williams Plumbing & Heating, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature on the job application constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.