Reports ToDirector of Accounting and Finance
Summary/ObjectiveThe Staff Accountant position is responsible for assisting the accounting department in creating accurate and timely financial records for the organization. This position reports to the Director of Accounting and Finance. The Staff Accountant will have the ability to work independently on projects and will be adaptable to changing priorities. The ideal candidate is highly organized, meticulous, and has 5 years’ experience in financing or accounting.
- Analyze, scan, code and enter AP invoices into accounting system
- Monitor and manage Project Manager invoice approvals and reconcile to invoices
- Review and reconcile vendor accounts and inquiries
- Maintain account and vendor data as well as process W-9s and 1099s
- Collaborate with Project Managers to prepare and process timely monthly customer invoices
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting customers
- Work together with Project Managers and clients in a variety of invoicing circumstances.
- Verify discrepancies and resolve clients’ billing issues.
- Research accounts receivable and project software issues and make correcting journal entries to address and rectify.
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Periodically review the customer master list for duplicate or erroneous customer accounts; make updates and recommendation based on findings.
- Generate financial reports detailing accounts receivable status.
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
- Support administrative team with office responsibilities such as providing telephone assistance, filing essential documentation, and providing additional ad hoc support for the management team.
Required Education and Experience
- Education Preferred: College degree in accounting or related field.
- 5 years’ experience in financing, accounting, or related field.
May be subject to drug testing and a pre-employment background check.
- The Staff Accountant, while performing the essential functions of this job, is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, lift above their head, and talk or hear.
- The Staff Accountant will rarely lift, move or push up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employees encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is that found in an average office, including phones ringing, employees talking, keyboards being used, etc.
Williams Plumbing & Heating, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature on the job application constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.