Service Technician – Plumbing, Heating, HVAC
Reports ToQuin Williams
Summary/ObjectiveThe Service Technician serves customers by installing and servicing systems, plumbing products and heating products. The Service Tech will do their best to comply with the schedule supplied by service dispatch to provide field service support and consultation; advise customers and provide best solution to solve the customer issue; complete assigned jobs; conduct required tests and calibration using test equipment; check and maintain equipment to ensure compliance with applicable standards.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Creates strong relationships with customers and co-workers to ensure quality and timely work is completed to satisfaction.
- Troubleshoots customers plumbing issues and offers every avenue of resolution.
- Cross-trains in all facets of the plumbing field, advises and trains staff plumbing apprentices as needed.
- Maximizes profits by operating efficiently while providing service quality, facilitating and up-selling sales transactions, and offering the “extra mile” excellence in customer assistance.
- Performs work on water heaters and sewer line cleanings.
- Communicate both policy and values knowledge to customers and supports the company in obtaining its goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Required Education and Experience
- Completion of high school education or GED.
- Minimum of two (2) year’s experience working in the plumbing field.
- Vast knowledge of local plumbing codes.
- Considerable knowledge of the practices, methods, materials, and equipment of the plumbing trade.
- Ability to obtain and convey the proper information through verbal, written, and personal contact.
- Ability to analyze situations promptly and to determine proper course of action.
- Excellent customer skills.
May be subject to drug testing, medical exams and physical agilities testing.
- Organization: Utilizes organizational skills.
- Communication: Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Tactful and mature demeanor with well developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have proficient use of PC and Microsoft Office Suite.
- The Service Tech, while performing the essential functions of this job, is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, lift above their head, and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- The Service Tech is often required to kneel, crouch or stoop, climb ladders, bend at the waist, squat, and crawl in tight or confined spaces to perform the essential functions.
- Ascending and descending ladders or stairs is often required, and movement on uneven terrain is rarely required to carry out essential duties.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have a valid driver’s license and motor vehicle history record that meet company insurance requirements.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud, depending on the job site.
- Office environment, daily travel, and frequent job site visits provide that the Service Tech can expect to be both indoors and outdoors at various times.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. Occasional overtime may be required.
Travel expected for this position includes occasional travel to nearby service job sites as needed.
Williams Plumbing & Heating, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature on the job application constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.