Reports ToService Administrator and Service Manager
Summary/ObjectiveThis Service Dispatch is a highly responsible and detailed clerical position within a major maintenance department. Work involves distribution of information and messages by direct personal, dispatch software (Service Titan), or telephone contact. An employee in this class has general responsibility for receiving, recording, and relaying virtual work orders to appropriate service technician using our dispatch software.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Receives, records, schedules, and distributes virtual work orders to service technician upon requests for maintenance service or repair work.
- Takes and makes calls to customers for scheduling work.
- Fill in for CSR and Main Lines as needed.
- Create reports for scheduled maintenance and send maintenance reminders.
- Maintains files on all specific, standing work orders and related information and documents.
- Maintains accuracy of technician’s schedules for efficiency. Frequently monitoring and updating the dispatch board throughout the day to keep technicians busy all day.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- May interact with vendors in matters regarding supplies and materials.
- Receiving and processing parts being ordered jobs.
- Occasionally take payments over the phone.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma required.
- Considerable experience in clerical work supplemented with some dispatching experience preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience in service, or exposure to the plumbing and construction field is a plus.
- Willingness to learn new computer software.
- Considerable knowledge of office practices, procedures, equipment, and standard clerical techniques.
- Some knowledge of dispatching methods, techniques, and practices.
- Some knowledge of building maintenance needs and service requirements.
- Some knowledge of the practices, methods, materials, and equipment of the plumbing trade.
- Ability to obtain the proper information through verbal, written, and personal contact.
- Ability to analyze situations promptly and to determine proper course of action.
May be subject to drug testing, medical exams and physical abilities testing.
Williams Plumbing & Heating, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature on the job application constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.