ClassifcationFull-time or Part-time
Reports ToGeneral Superintendent
Summary/ObjectiveThe Laborer performs tasks involving physical labor at commercial, residential, and/or service plumbing projects; involves operating a variety of hand and power tools. Clean and prepare sites, clean-up rubble and debris and remove waste materials. Also, may assist other craft workers.
1. Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in commercial plumbing projects; perform manual work in preparing job sites.
2. Shovel bituminous concrete (asphalt) into construction area.
3. Fine grade fill to grades given by foreman.
4. Maintain a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
5. Material handling and storage.
6. Load and unload trucks and haul and hoist materials.
7. Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Bring problems to the attention of the Foreman, Safety Director or HR Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in commercial plumbing work.
2. Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
3. Ability to work independently and complete daily activities per work schedule.
4. Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
5. Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
6. Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
7. Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
8. Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
Education, Training and Experience
1. Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
2. Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions.
1. Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
2. Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue and to effectively jump, sprint or throw an object.
3. Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
4. Noise level is generally loud.
5. Must be able to quickly move arms and legs.
6. Excellent stamina is required.
Williams Plumbing & Heating, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature on the job application constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.