Information Technology Administrator
Reports ToBusiness Manager
Summary/ObjectiveThe IT Administrator is the primary point of contact responsible for handling employee technical support issues. Scope of support includes setup, management, and troubleshooting of company desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and servers. Additionally, The IT Administrator is solely responsible for handling hardware and software infrastructure (on and off premises servers, storage, devices, peripherals). When not assisting employees, the IT Administrator works with the Business Manager in order to plan, direct, and handle activities in all fields related to electronic data processing, information systems, systems analysis, hardware, and software.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Serving as the primary helpdesk/helpcenter point of contact for Williams employees regarding all technology-related issues.
2. Preparing computers, laptops, cell phones, and tablets for new employees.
3. Managing device transfers between employees.
4. Managing the company’s network, servers, network attached storage devices, cloud storage devices, phones, laptops, desktops, printers, and other peripherals.
5. Tracking IT assets / inventorying.
6. Anticipating technological needs of the company, and propose advances to management for approval in conjunction with the Business Manager.
7. Developing organizational goals or objectives related to IT needs.
8. Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
9. Analyze data to inform operational decisions or activities.
10. Confer with organizational members to accomplish work activities.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Prioritizing employee technology needs first. The ideal candidate has a passion for excellent customer service, and will be easily approachable, patient, and friendly, capable of handling conflict, and able to prioritize based upon need.
2. Problem-solving skills – analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
3. Communicating with supervisors, peers, or subordinates- providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
4. Acquiring information – observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
5. Coordinating the work and activities of others- getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
6. Guiding, directing, and motivating subordinates- providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must handle each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and/or abilities.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelors degree in technology field (CE, CS) OR 4-year technical certification.
2. Minimum of 2 years’ prior IT helpdesk experience.
3. Minimum of 2 years IT infrastructure (cabling, networking) experience.
Knowledge & Skills
1. Troubleshooting: Windows 10 desktops & laptops, Windows Server 2008 r2, 2012, 2016, mobile devices (android and iOS); Microsoft Office 365, enterprise cloud storage & Microsoft Azure.
2. Networking: class C networks, layer 3 switches, SonicWALL and ZyXEL firewalls, deployment of VPNs.
3. VoIP: Zultys on-premises MX phone system, programming of devices, user creation and management, management of the MX server, call center management, recording prompts.
4. Infrastructure: Understanding of cabling, cable management, and setup of new devices.
5. Database/programming/reporting: Crystal Reports, Microsoft SQL.
6. Strong command of the English language: Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar; ability to effortlessly read, interpret, and write technical manuals and document tasks.
7. Touch typing proficiency with a minimum keying rate of 60 WPM.
Williams Plumbing & Heating, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature on the job application constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.