Executive Administrative Assistant/HR Generalist
Reports ToGeneral Manager(s)
Summary/ObjectiveThe basic function of the temporary Executive Administrative Assistant is to provide management with documentation, filing, and assist with various human resource tasks. The position requires the ability to communicate effectively, work independently under general direction and manage multiple, diverse tasks.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Assist members of the executive team with administrative tasks.
2. Work closely with managers to fill job openings by the best means possible. Provide job candidates by screening, interviewing, and testing applicants; notifying existing staff of internal opportunities
3. Facilitate and coordinate all procedures involved in the hiring/termination process, including exit interviews. Works closely with tool manager in tracking tool check in/out by employees.
4. Coordinate 90-day and annual reviews for managers.
5. Maintains all personnel records for Williams Companies, including personal licensing, certification and training.
6. Monitors unemployment claims by reviewing claims; substantiating documentation; requesting legal counsel review as needed.
7. Orients new employees by providing new-hire packets; reviewing company policies; gathering withholding and other payroll information; explaining and obtaining signatures for company policies.
8. Point of contact for all employees and their families.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Assists with training needs.
2. Maintain accurate, confidential, complete and secure personnel files.
3. Seeks qualified candidates by a variety of recruitment methods.
4. Help coordinate licensing and training for employees.
5. Track the insurance process to make sure each employee is reminded prior to their 60-days for sign up for health insurance; maintain the applications and signatures for those that decline insurance.
6. Participate in any appropriate training to advance the progress of the Executive Assistant/HR Generalist position.
7. Work as a part of the administrative team to assist in answering phones, planning meetings, and coordinating office schedules.
8. Any additional duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Required Education and Experience
1. Education: BA or BS college degree.
2. Preferred: Two years’ experience in an administrative or HR role.
1. Demonstrated skill in interviewing techniques.
2. Strong organizational skills and a high sense of urgency.
3. Demonstrated ability to develop criteria for selection of best candidate. Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to conduct interviews, explain benefits, and develop recruitment plans.
4. Computer literate (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access) and the ability to learn new programs.
5. Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
6. Maintain discretion and confidentiality.
1. To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have proficient use of PC, Microsoft Office Suite, and learn new software systems quickly.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have a valid driver’s license and motor vehicle history record that meet company insurance requirements.
Williams Plumbing & Heating, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature on the job application constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.