Reports ToDirector of Finance and Accounting
Summary/ObjectiveGuides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures. Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls. Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
Job Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Preparing, reviewing, balancing, and publishing timely monthly financial statements.
2. Partner with the Director of Accounting and Finance to oversee employees charged with financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, and budgeting duties.
3. Coordinate and direct the financial planning, budgeting, procurement, or investment activities of all or part of the company.
4. Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
5. Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings (IRS, DOL, GAAP, etc.)
6. Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
7. Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
8. Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units, (Williams Civil Construction, Iron Rentals, etc.) regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
9. Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
10. Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
1. Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
2. Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable.
3. Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly.
4. Process payroll in a timely manner.
5. Maintain the chart of accounts.
6. Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
7. Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
1. Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for annual audits.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Required Education and Experience
1. Education Required: College degree in Accounting or related field.
2. 5-10 years’ experience in finance, accounting, or related field.
3. CPA preferred, or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
1. Economics and Accounting- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
2. Administration and Management- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
3. Mathematics- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, statistics, and their applications.
4. English Language- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
5. Work with Human Resources- Make efforts to keep updated on principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
6. Computers and Electronics- Advanced knowledge of Excel applications and Quickbooks, and ability and willingness to learn new software.
7. Finance- An understanding of how to calculate time value of money and compare different financial options.
1. Critical Thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
2. Judgment and Decision Making- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to recommend the most appropriate one.
3. Complex Problem Solving- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
4. Management of Financial Resources- Recommending how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
5. Reading Comprehension- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
6. Speaking- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
7. Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
8. Mathematics- Using mathematics to solve problems.
9. Active Learning- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
10. Coordination- Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
May be subject to drug testing and credit check.
Williams Plumbing & Heating, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature on the job application constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.