This position involves various manual and grading tasks including, but not limited to, laying various types of pipe (drain, sewer, water, etc.), setting grade markers, monitoring grade to guide pipe laying activities, operates and understands the use of a variety of measuring instruments and hand tools, shoveling, sweeping, mechanical assistance, lifting, pushing and pulling various objects and raking. Work will be performed per the supervisor's instruc¬tion, (free from direct supervision except for more complicated jobs).
- Reads and sets grade markers in accordance to construction plans.
- Constructs and lays various types of pipe in accordance to construction plans and company standards.
- Operates and ensures accurate use of grade equipment (GPS Rover).
- Observes excavating activities to verify conformance to marker references and notifies equipment operators and supervisor of deviations.
- Interacts with construction crew members who are facilitating alignment, movement, and adjustment of materials and equipment to complete conformation of grade specifications for the pipe project.
- Inspects leveling equipment for accurate and safe day-to-day operation and for general maintenance needs.
- Performs various labor intensive activities as instructed by supervisor: shoveling, leveling, scraping, raking, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of five years related experience in residential and/or institutional projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or construction science/construction management a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Concentration, alertness, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with others and/or independently under minimal supervision.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral
Williams Plumbing & Heating, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature on the job application constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.