The Operator performs safe and efficient operation of construction equipment including but not limited to loaders, back hoes, track hoes, blades, haul trucks, water trucks, dozers, etc. Perform tasks involving physical labor at heavy construction projects, involves operating a variety of hand and power tools. Clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris and remove waste materials. Also, assists other craft workers.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Responsible for safe slopes on excavations and proper barricading.
- Locate utilities and other buried lines prior to digging.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
- Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards.
- Keep time and material records.
- Knowledge of aggregate sizes and classifications.
- Knowledge of weight requirements of loads leaving the pit.
- Travel from interstate highway to rural dirt roads from various locations.
Education, Training and Experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- One to two years’ operating experience.
- Considerable knowledge of heavy-equipment operation.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own
Williams Plumbing & Heating, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature on the job application constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.