Civil Construction Laborer
Summary/ObjectiveThe Laborer perform tasks involving physical labor at highway and heavy construction projects; involves operating a variety of hand and power tools. Clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris and remove waste materials. Assists other craft workers.
1. Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in heavy/highway construction projects; perform manual work in preparing surfaces for paving.
2. Shovel bituminous concrete (asphalt) into construction area.
3. Fine grade fill to grades given by foreman.
4. Assist in patching asphalt with hot and cold mix. Excavate and fills trenches and ditches.
5. Maintain a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
6. Material handling and storage.
7. Load and unload trucks and haul and hoist materials.
8. Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Bring problems to the attention of the Foreman, Safety Director or HR Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in heavy/highway construction work.
2. Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
3. Ability to work independently and complete daily activities per work schedule.
4. Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
5. Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
6. Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
7. Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
8. Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
Education, Training and Experience
1. Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
2. Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions.
Williams Plumbing & Heating, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature on the job application constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.