Summary/ObjectiveResponsible for preparing and/or coordinating the preparation of full estimates on large and complex projects as required by client’s documents; provides complete conceptual and total bid price.
1. Reviews and evaluates requests for estimates.
2. Prepares weekly bid calendar and ensures timely completion of estimates.
3. Reviews estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy.
4. Creates job folders.
5. Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to bid.
6. Executes take-offs of construction documents.
7. Inputs take-offs into computer estimating software.
8. Obtains pricing for materials.
9. Obtains bids from subcontractors.
10. Prepares cost analysis in computer by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
11. Where predetermined standard(s) are not available, makes an estimate.
12. Informs immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or computer database.
13. Prepares baseline schedules, budgets, subcontracts, subcontracts, and purchase agreements.
NONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops and maintains resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
2. Attends departmental meetings as required.
3. Photocopies documents and plans.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
1. Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
2. Problem-Solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
3. Oral Communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
4. Planning/Organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
5. Quality—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
6. Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
7. Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
8. Safety and Security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
1. Four-year college degree in Civil Engineering, Commercial Engineering Technical, Construction Management, or related field.
2. Or, five years of related experience, and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage and to draw and interpret graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should be proficient with estimating software and spreadsheet software and should have knowledge of word processing software, e-mail software and the use of the Internet. Experience with Hess-Heavy Bid a plus.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Valid driver’s license.
Williams Civil Construction is an equal opportunity employer.
Williams Plumbing & Heating, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature on the job application constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.